In 2022, the city of Bordeaux will host Bordeaux Wine Week for the first time from 16 to 26 June. This groundbreaking occasion will combine several events dedicated to French and international wines and spirits. Depending on the scope of each event, they will address both the general public and trade members.
Bordeaux Wine Week will be packed with events focusing on wine, the economy and science, along with culture, tourism and celebration. It will showcase the extensive diversity of wine regions across the spectrum and the environmental initiatives being taken by wine industries in France and other parts of the globe.
The Vinexposium group, co-organizer of Bordeaux Wine Week, will be creating two major international gatherings for trade and industry members from around the world:
- On 20 and 21 June, the ‘Act for Change’ symposium will deliver a series of conferences hosted by renowned international speakers addressing ‘Wine in 2030’ at the Cité du Vin. The symposium will deal with developments linked to climate change by focusing on three, highly practical themes – production, consumer expectations and marketing issues.
- On 22 and 23 June, the WOW! Meetings will gather French and overseas industry members in Hangar 14 for a new raft of business meetings dedicated to sustainable wines and spirits, both organic and those certified as part of an environmental scheme.
The Bordeaux Wine Week programme will also feature:
- From 23 to 26 June: ‘The Bordeaux Wine Festival’ (Bordeaux Fête le Vin) organized by the CIVB (Bordeaux wine marketing council) and the Bordeaux conurbation tourist information and convention office (OTCBM), both of them co-organizers of Bordeaux Wine Week. A full-fledged, open-air wine route featuring the appellations will be rolled out along the Bordeaux quayside offering tastings of Bordeaux and New Aquitaine region wines, most of them produced organically or certified under an environmental scheme. ‘The Bordeaux Wine Festival’ experience will also take place on Thursday 16 June, ahead of the main event, in restaurants and at wine merchants, to music in concert venues or in pop-up riverside cafés.
Bordeaux Wine Week will also be featuring high-level cultural and wine-centric events that will reach out to a captive audience among the general public and wine trade, with:
- The outstanding, unique exhibition ‘Picasso, the effervescence of shapes’ which will be hosted by the Cité du Vin from 15 April onwards and throughout Bordeaux Wine Week. The role of wine in the artist’s work will be celebrated for the first time through 80 works of art from the Picasso museums in Barcelona and Paris along with private collections.
- From 16 to 19 June, the Bordeaux Grands Crus weekend, organized by the Union des Grands Crus de Bordeaux, which will provide the opportunity to discover 120 Bordeaux Grands Crus through tastings, visits to properties and dinners at the chateaux and in Bordeaux.
For more information: Bordeaux Wine Week 2022
About Bordeaux Wine Week
Bordeaux Wine Week grew out of the commitment of the Bordeaux Gironde Chamber of Commerce and Industry, the Bordeaux conurbation tourist information and convention office, Vinexposium, the Bordeaux wine marketing council, the involvement of the Cité du Vin, the Union des Grands Crus de Bordeaux, the Jurade de Saint-Emilion, and the support of the Bordeaux wine trade, the Grands Vins de Bordeaux federation, the Conseil des Grands Crus Classés en 1855, the Commanderie du Bontemps de Médoc, des Graves, de Sauternes et de Barsac and the Grands Crus Classés de Graves.
Owned jointly by Comexposium and Vinexpo Holding, Vinexposium is the world’s leading organizer of wine and spirits trade events. Vinexposium offers an enhanced range of high-performance events, tailored to different market segments, with a portfolio of iconic and recognized events: Wine Paris & Vinexpo Paris, Vinexpo America, Drinks America, Vinexpo Hong Kong, WOW! Meetings, Symposium “Act for change”, Vinexpo Shanghai, Vinexpo India and WBWE Amsterdam, as well as Vinexpo Explorer and World Wine Meetings.