In homage to the world’s most famous wine region, Bordeaux wines have been
invited as guest of honour in 2016! It is the largest fine wine-producing region
in the world, with 155,000 hectares of exceptional quality: 60 regional, subregional
and communal registered destinations of origin, more than 5,000 châteaux, 40 cooperatives, 400 trading houses… The Bordelais is made up of several major sub-regions, the Médoc, the Libournais, the Sauternais, Graves, the Entre-Deux-Mers and the Côtes. The quality and diversity of Bordeaux wine is a result of the marked individuality of the region’s terroirs, its huge variety of grape varietals (majority merlot, cabernet sauvignon and cabernet franc for reds, sémillon and sauvignon blanc for whites), and widespread local expertise in both winegrowing and blending. For enthusiasts, Bordeaux wines represent subtlety, balance and harmony…
And for the 2016 competition, a number of Special Prizes will be awarded…
FIJEV Bordeaux (Fédération Internationale des Journalistes et Ecrivains des Vins et Spiritueux) Special Prize.
Special Prize for Northern and Southern Hemisphere Malbec.
Special Prize for Northern and Southern Hemisphere Cabernet Sauvignon.
Sommeliers Special Prize.
Vinofed (Fédération mondiale des grands concours internationaux de vins et spiritueux) Special Prize.
Duad’s club Special Prize (Association des diplômés du DUAD).
Special Prize by Country, awarded to the top rated wine from each country.
– Prize giving: 23rd May 2016.
– Prize winners’ display: 24th to 26th May 2016 on the Citadelles du Vin stand at Vinexpo Hong Kong, the international wine and spirits salon.
* Competition dates: 14th, 15th and 16th May 2016.
* Opening date for registration: 1st December 2015.
* Closing date for registration: 22nd February 2016.
* Closing date for reception of samples: 4th March 2016.
* Results available online: 18th May 2016.
* Awarding of Special Prizes: 23rd May 2016, ahead of
Vinexpo Hong Kong.
* Prize-winners’ display: 24th to 26th may 2016 on the Citadelles
du Vin stand at Vinexpo Hong Kong.
ABOUT Cita delles du Vin :
As a member of Vinofed, Citadelles du Vin is dedicated to raising awareness of the diversity and quality of high-end wines from all around the world. Over 75% of participating are from outside of France, ensuring the OIV-recognized competition’s international prestige and significance.
Every year since 2000, over 50 international tasters have gathered in Bourg en Gironde to select the best wines from over 1,200 samples from around 30 different countries. These tastings award the coveted «citadelles d’or» and «citadelles d’argent» medals, as
well as a number of Special Prizes.