The Association of Gallo Nero winegrowing estates in the San Casciano in Val di Pesa area.
A few days ago the San Casciano Classico Association was formally established by some estates in the area, with the aim of promoting and protecting winegrowing estates in the municipal area of San Casciano in Val di Pesa, in the Chianti Classico production zone, and their thousand-year-old tradition.
The name San Casciano Classico was chosen to emphasise the fact that the wines belong to a much larger, ‘Classico’ family: Chianti Classico Gallo Nero.
It is a non-profit Association with no political or religious agendas, established thanks to the shared desire of the founding estates to promote and protect the wines produced in this particular territory, developing rural traditions and highlighting the geographical and climatic features, which bring to life characterful and highly diverse wines.
The idea of creating a winegrowers’ association was first suggested over five years ago, and reached its conclusion a few days ago when 25 local winegrowing estates signed the articles of association. This is a complex and sometimes diverse group with shared objectives, consisting of estates which have often worked together in the past, creating and taking part in local promotional events and exchanges of technical and scientific knowledge.
The new Association’s board of directors consists of: Chairman Antonio Nunzi Conti (Tenuta Villa Barberino – Famiglia Nunzi Conti), Vice-chairman Niccolò Montecchi (Az. Agr. Villa del Cigliano), Treasurer Maddalena Fucile (Az. Agr. Fattoria Cigliano di Sopra) and board members Duccio Corsini (Az. Agr Villa Le Corti) and Alessandro Palombo (Az. Agr Fattoria di Luiano).
In order to fulfil these objectives the Association plans to organise a series of events and activities in 2019, to make known and promote Chianti Classico wines produced in the San Casciano in Val di Pesa area. The Association will also work with the scientific community to carry out in-depth research into the pedological and climatic features of the San Casciano area and their relationship with the wines produced, so as to communicate the results to the press and the public at large.
LIST OF FOUNDING MEMBERS
- AZ. AGR. MORI CONCETTA DI BECCATTELLI MASSIMO
- TENUTA VILLA BARBERINO DELLA FAMIGLIA NUNZI CONTI
- SOCIETA’ AGRICOLA BRUSCOLA
- BERINGER BLASS ITALIA – CASTELLO DI GABBIANO
- CONTE GUICCIARDINI DI FERDINANDO GUICCIARDINI
- SOCIETA’ AGRICOLA FATTORIA DI LUIANO DI ANTONIO PALUMBO E C.
- FATTORIA POGGIOPIANO DI BARTOLI STEFANO
- FATTORIA VALLACCHIO DI CAINI ALBERTA
- IL TORRIANO DI FRANCECO ROSSI FERRINI
- LE CORTI SPA
- SOCIETA’ AGRICOLA IL PALAGIO WINE ESTATE
- AZ. AGR. CIGLIANO DI SOPRA
- AZ. AGR. PODERE LA VILLA DI TACHIS ILARIA
- SOCIETA’ AGRICOLA VILLA S. ANDREA
- AZ. AGR. SOLATIONE
- TERRE DI PERSETO AZ. AGR. DI MARTELLI NICCOLO’
- VILLA DEL CIGLIANO DI ANNA BERNABEI MONTECCHI
- BERNABEI NICCOLO’
- FATTORIA SAN MICHELE A TORRI
- AZ. AGR. DI MONTEPALDI
- AZ. AGR. POGGIO BORGONI DI PAOLO SALVINI
- CARUS VINI SOCIETA’ AGRICOLA
- ANTINORI SOCIETA’ AGRICOLA
- POGGIO TORSELLI SOCIETA’ AGRICOLA
- VILLA MANGIACANE